Senior Construction Estimator
Vancouver, British ColumbiaApply Now
Cape is looking to hire an experienced Senior Estimator to join our growing construction team. As a Senior Estimator, you are responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything required to successfully bid and win the project.
Cape is looking to hire an experienced Senior Estimator to join our growing construction team. As a Senior Estimator, you are responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything required to successfully bid and win the project. You will also need to follow-up with subcontractors in a timely fashion to ensure that bids are received when required. You will also work with the Project Management teams to follow-up on bids and budgets and work throughout the pre-construction process to ensure company and project success.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for bid administration in preparing full estimates on complex work.
- Prepares and maintains status of plan reproduction Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors and prepares subcontractor bid packages.
- Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors Coordinate and interface with owners, architects, engineers, project managers and other project team members to resolve any technical matters during planning and development, negotiation and contract execution Ensures that we have the proper coverage from subcontractors on bid day.
- Shows creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors
- Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline no exceptions.
- Efficiently performing all stages of an estimate including: project selection, estimate organization, take-off, pricing, review and closeout.
- Communicate project progress/status with Management.
- Prepare, analyze and maintain accurate quantities and thorough take offs from plans.
- Estimate time, materials and equipment required for job completion.
- Explore documentation to gain a deep understanding of the project requirements
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Understand scope of work to bid, Prepares Budget Estimates
- Manage bid pricing from all vendors, Supports the tendering process including preparation of scopes of work, tender packages and evaluates bids for contract awards
- Prepare cost analysis, Maintains Subtrade Database
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Perform complex analysis of collected data and metrics
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts
- Conduct complex risk analysis activities including Value Engineering
- Create and present reports to upper management
- Ensure timely completion of estimates
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Multifamily and Commercial Construction
- 7-10 years Related Estimating Experience
- Advanced project estimator skills that include performing engineering calculations, effectively communicate with Engineers, Project Managers, Engineering and vendors
- Working knowledge of Bluebeam or On-screen Takeoff or Similar software
- In-depth knowledge of project management & Procore
- Existing Trade relationships
- Strong understanding of construction plans and specifications
- Ability to understand technical drawings and requirements
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Hands on experience with complex data research activities
- Good understanding of data analysis methods and KPIs
- Familiarity with computer programs such as Timberline
- Good time-management skills, Goal Orientated with Strong organizational and Planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and very detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to create reports on costing data
WHAT WE OFFER
At Cape, we know that our success is because of our people, and we pride ourselves on ensuring that no one is a stranger, and everyone is treated as family. As such, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation with additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Personal and professional development, including company funded courses and training
- Dynamic friendly work environment and company social events
Are You Interested?
We regularly invite candidates to interview, so please apply today.Apply Now