The Raphael, at 338 East Second Street is a partnership with architect Human Studio.
The development consists of a 5-storey residential and commercial mixed-use building with 95 rental units consisting of Artist studios and Artist 2-bedroom Artist Studios with a studio dwelling units. The projects builds on the already established artists studios in the community by providing dedicated arts space within the building and artist units that are sized and designed to accommodate work within the suites.
The Raphael will be located on the former site of Ralphs Recycled Auto Parts , a company that was in the community since 1913. The name Raphael is an ode to this historical business.